Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Paper


















Today, i read one paper that took my interest for two reasons.


First, it was about Philippine Indigenous Poetry, my line of interest and my topic on my Master's Thesis,

Second, it seemed to be a mirror of my own paper.

So went i into reading the whole paper, to my disappointment, i saw what i was dreading to see. the words i had used in my own paper with a little change, but almost the same still. though he had acknowledged me in some parts, still he had changed very minimal words from my work and so somehow i thought, it wasn't fair still.

i did not know what to feel, but later, i just realised i was deeply disappointed. anyhow, it would not be used instead, he was given an idea or suggestion on how to go about his work.

i am sure, there are alot of researchers in indigenous literature who would be happy he had been interested in the field, but ONE thing i am certain, we would be very happy if he would do his job honestly.

anyhow, for anyone who wishes to work on Philippine Indigenous Poetry, let us help one another in preserving the literary wealth of the original settlers of the land. For us neophytes, let us be inspired by the dedication, consistency and honesty of the experts in the field.

MABUHAY Philippine indigenous literature! :-)



photo taken from
http://ecx.images-amazon.com

No comments:

A Portrait of the Artist as Filipino by Nick Joaquin

  A Portrait of the Artist as Filipino -Nick Joaquin (An Elegy in Three Scenes)   How but in custom and in ceremony Are innocence ...