Wednesday, May 1, 2013

English 12

Happy holiday! Sorry for the late post. Had a hard time with our connection- had a hard time posting your assignment.

Here are the things you are to do while I am away. You are to follow the instructions closely.
1.a. Watch the weekend episode of Maalaala Mo Kaya.
1.b. Summarize the episode and write a review of the said episode. Discuss why you like the episode and why you do not like it.
2.a. Read the extract of One Summer by David Baldacci.
 2.b. Pick at least ten new words from the article. Use each word in a sentence.
2.3. Write a reflection paper on the said story.
2.4. Write your personal experience which you think is similar to the experience of Jack.
3. Post your answer on 2.4 in this page. The rest, to be written on one whole sheet of paper to be submitted on Monday, May 6, 2013.
Have a very productive week ahead!:-)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was an interesting story; it was really a tragic incident happened to their family. It was their biggest obstacle to face. However they were thankful because their Dad was now okay. I knew it wasn’t easy for them to move on because problems have been always following them. It was hard losing someone who is a part of the family. I have felt the same way when my grandfather died. For me it’s the worst feeling ever! I know that it is now his time. the story measures how strong their faith in God. It was God’s plan why their Mom died.

Unknown said...

I have an experience of what happen to Jack. It is when his daughter and him was awkward hugging each other. It's when i was sick and i am pretty mad on my father. I grew up like i don't have a father because i feel that he don't care about me and he doesn't love me as his daughter. We never have a bonding and take some chit-chats like what the other do. We don't have the father-daughter bond. When the time that i was sick, it was the time that my papa take care of me and i appreciate his effort to comfort me and at-last, i feel the presence of my father even it was quite awkward to him. That time, I thank God for the father that he was given to me though i was old enough to treat by him as a baby.

Unknown said...

For what had happened to jack. It gave us a hope not to give up on challenges that we've encounter in life. I have a similar experience that happened to jack, when I was sick and I experience how my life so miserable that time and I’m so unstable. Really that was the time I lost hope and I don’t want to talk to my parents what I really felt because I know it makes them worried but we know this only a challenge. I fight for myself and make myself stronger. We must thankful to GOD because even though we almost give up to ourselves, he always has a plan. So be thankful.

A Portrait of the Artist as Filipino by Nick Joaquin

  A Portrait of the Artist as Filipino -Nick Joaquin (An Elegy in Three Scenes)   How but in custom and in ceremony Are innocence ...